Friday, April 4, 2008

The Wide World of Solids and a Note to Self

Linnea will be trying REAL food tommorrow. Sean has the night off and I want him to enjoy this "first."

I've been reading up on feeding solids and going mad by all the theories...when to start, what to offer first. The more I read, the more I worry.

Dr. M's office got a call from me today with a question about L's lack of interest/talent at rolling. Nurse T said not to worry, but she'd run it by the doc. Mary, my visiting nurse also got a call....she reassured me that all is fine, some skills are learned before others and don't last long before working on the next skill. Dad...knows all...that Linnea is her own little person who knows herself!

Note to Self: Stop reading baby care books, magazines...milestone carts. Rely on momstincts (ew...that doesn't work, does it? Mom...stinks...momINstincts). Rely on observations of family, friends, and care providers who know and love L, but can see things that I cannot. (ie...too small socks...THATs why they kept falling off)

1 comment:

Sherida said...

I can sympathize with reading too much! Try not to worry too much about her not rolling over, yet. Our Pediatrician recommended challenging our baby on his stomach. He really did not like tummy time, so the Dr said to let him fuss it out for a little bit and encourage him to roll over. I also gave him a little nudge and told him to roll over. Pretty soon, he was doing it on his own.

L seems to have a better grasp of eating solids that my little C does, though (we're still working on getting more rice cereal down than out). It seems to be common that they have one area where they are better than others, and other areas where the others excell. I'm sure she's right on her own time scale, and she'll let you know when she's ready to turn over. :)