Tuesday, September 11, 2007

NO cankles today! (I knew fall was my favorite time of year!)

What a good way to start the day! ALmost skinny ankles! (At least, compared to how they have been) It was 62 degrees at noon and it's been windy....lovin' it!!!!

Today was my first appointment at another Spectrum office for an ultrasound. The objectives were to check on Linnea's kidneys and her size....5lbs. 6 oz! This weight is just a little larger than average, a 34 week measurement instead of the 33 weeks she is today. Because of the gestational diabetes, I'll have another ultrasound 4 weeks.

The doctor I talked to afterwards went into more detail about the hydronephrosis than about how big she's getting. This is the third ultrasound that has shown extra fluid in her kidneys, but, as with the others, just a little more than what is considered normal. They'll check on them again at the next ultrasound and if it's still a problem, will mean an ultrasound for her and possibly an x-ray (a better way to check for blockages) after she is born.



She's positioned head down and to my left with feet at my right rib cage...which I SURE can tell! Unfortunately this didn't make for great pictures. But Sean and I got to see her sucking or drinking...and HAIR! While the tech was taking head measurements we saw the outline of what looked like a significant amount of hair. Just as several people have predicted. Mom said she wishes you could tell the color from an ultrasound.:)

I have what may be my last Circle of Care appointment tomorrow (they don't do high risk and it sounds like my care is going to be down at Spectrum from now on). And Monday is my next visit downtown, so I'll have another update soon!

3 comments:

GreggR said...

I'm getting a little verklempt.
I'm glad that you will be seeing Spectrum Drs.
I know you little all of the contacts you've had so far, but it makes a Grandpa feel a bit more at ease.
Love ya Jilly!

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

How wonderful, Jilly!
Linny has hair!!!! Glad you're feeling great today.... I'm sure you ended your day even better than beginning it with skinny ankles, causse you got to see your baby girl!

Phil and Linda said...

Cool weather is the remedy for all ills! But what do I know, it was 107 degrees here today. Enjoy your cool weather and take good care of yourself.
love ya, aunt linda