Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

This weeks Works for Me: "Mom, I'm Bored!"

Make a Kid Kitchen






My nephew, M, has a Grandpa who is a chef. They cook together often. M has been "Little Chef" since Ratatouille came out on DVD. When I started caring for Little Chef, we had lots of little toys, but nothing to captivate his interest in imitation. I made him a kitchen out of a car seat box and one smaller box.



I carefully pulled the box apart and turned it inside out so the car seat info wouldn't show. The design is VERY simple: two doors for the oven (big enough for him to crawl inside), magic marker burners with nobs, and a few shelves made from the small box. Clear packing tape and a box cutter works the best. Kids can decorate or use contact paper. Just use your imagination and your own kitchen for inspiration!

My basic little kitchen has lasted almost 4 months...and when this one has had enough we will recycle it and make another!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute.....I LOVE THIS!!
Great job MOM!

robin@heartofwisdom
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Jill. Just caught your comment - thanks for stopping by my bloggy home. You have a great eye - yes, that IS the linnaeus borealis in my banner. But, no, I didn't take it myself. And, while I don't share my little ones' real-life first names, let's just say my she-Viking and your beautiful girl have something in common connected to that flower *wink*